Things are changing up for the new school year. I do believe for the good!
I'm envious of those who have a room dedicated solely for homeschool. I know how it feels. I've had one in the past. Here in this home, we don't. This is one of the reasons we go to the library. It's not a huge hassle to carry our backpacks into the library and do our thing, but since they changed the rules of emptying them at the front desk, it's becoming a pain. Our library has more books than it does shelves, so all the tables have books on them being held up with bookends. There's almost no surface as it is and when you have to put every book for every subject on them or on the floor, it becomes a little irritating.
We could stay home and do our schooling on the dining table. Since Clayton works a month at a time, we have the house to ourselves all day for the most part. When he's home, though, it becomes a problem. We have bigger meals when he's home, so there's no scooting the books to one end of the table. He's a movie buff and he owns Bose speakers that can be heard throughout the entire house. He has every bit of respect, of course, but we don't want to put him out too much either when we are studying all day and he's home all day for a month at a time. We also do much better without other distractions as well.
So, with our home remodeling, I've tried to come up with a solution, trying to see where we could have school in different parts of the house. As much as I have thought and found possible solutions, it still leaves a trail of our material throughout the house, which is something I just can't live with. Maybe I'm just missing our classroom too much.
I get overwhelmed easily too. With all this, I had to scope out all options to make our year a great one and not allow anything to get in the way of a great education.
I may have found and answer. I found a building for rent right up the road from us. It's a little pricey for my taste, but there are quite a few bills we are getting rid of as of this month, so maybe, just maybe I can live with the price. From looking through the windows of this building, I could see it had two rooms. It had a wall of shelves as well. A wall of shelves!!!! That means, no having to lug furniture up there for storage! When I called the landlord, he told me he pays the utilities. BONUS! He said it had a bathroom. EXTRA BONUS!!! I'm not sure if it has a kitchen, but if it does, there's no doubt I'll take it!
I'm just imagining the idea of being able to leave all our material up there, being able to do science projects without them getting in the way, being able to decorate and have things visible without having to put them away.
We are going in the morning to look at it. Could this be my answered prayer?
I sure hope so!
No comments:
Post a Comment